The timely, comfortable and safe transportation of passengers is Georgian Railway’s main priority. The company works constantly to improve service quality and maintain affordable tariffs, an important factor for the development of the country’s regions.
For this purpose, in 2016-2017, JS Georgian Railway purchased new passenger trains from Swiss company Stadler, which fully satisfy modern standards.
• It is possible to purchase a ticket up to 40 days before the trip from JS Georgian Railway ticket offices, pay boxes, online or through a mobile application.
• When registering a passenger for a ticket, it is necessary to give the passenger’s personal identification number. For children under 14, the birth certificate or passport is required (if available).
• For the safety of passengers, online ticket sales stop 10 minutes before the train departs.
• A passenger is allowed on the train only after presenting their ticket and personal identification document.
One child under 5 can accompany a passenger for free if they do not need a separate seat. If the child needs a separate seat, a child ticket should be purchased.
If more than one child under 5 is accompanying the passenger, and also for each child aged 5 to 10, it is necessary to purchase a child ticket.
For children 10 or over, adult rules of travel apply.
• Lost or damaged (torn, burnt, wet, etc.) tickets will not be replaced or reimbursed.
• An unused ticket can be returned only by the person whose name is registered on the ticket and after presenting their personal identification document.
• Passengers can return unused tickets and receive:
a) The full cost of the ticket if the ticket is presented no later than 15 hours before the departure time.
b) 85% of the cost of the ticket if the ticket is presented from 4 to 15 hours before the departure time.
c) 70% of the cost of the ticket if the ticket is presented no less than 4 hours before the departure time or no later than 3 hours after the train has departed.